Oilheat gives homeowners and businesses true independence on a personal and national level.
Personal Energy Independence
- Freedom of Choice: Oilheat is supplied by many dealers within each town. Individual dealers may offer different levels of service, and customers have the independence to choose the dealer with the programs and services that are right for them … and to switch dealers if they wish.
- Independent Dealers offer many services, which may include*:
- Delivery options including will-call, COD and automatic delivery
- Equipment repair, sales and installation
- Automatic delivery, 24/7 emergency service
- Service/Maintenance Agreements
- Budget and Price Protection Plans
- Other value-added programs
*Not all dealers offer all services. Please contact your local home comfort provider for specific information and requirements
- Oil Storage Tanks give you the ability to safely store the heating oil your home will need, for whenever you might need it. Your storage tank is a "stocked pantry" for your heating system.
- Tanks may be installed in a basement, utility room, garage, outside, or underground.
- New tanks are made from steel or fiberglass, or with a ‘double wall’ consisting of one steel and one plastic, to withstand deterioration and last for decades.
- In the U.S., all underground residential heating oil tanks, regardless of size, are exempt from all federal and many state regulations. Oil storage systems must comply with local fire and building ordinances. For questions about a particular installation, call the local building department or a qualified heating contractor.
- US production of crude oil is at its highest levels in decades, and is forecasted to average 9.5 million barrels per day (bbl/d) in 2015. If realized, the 2015 forecast would be the highest annual average crude oil production since 1970. (source: eia.gov Short Term Energy Outlook 10/7/14)
- Bioheat® fuel is produced from domestically-grown renewable resources and refined in the United States.
- Biodiesel and Bioheat® fuel create thousands of U.S. jobs throughout the entire production and distribution chain. According to a recent economic study, this year’s rejuvenated biodiesel production will support more than 31,000 U.S. jobs and generate income of nearly $1.7 billion to be circulated throughout the economy. It also is expected to generate an estimated $345 million in federal tax revenue and $283 million in state and local tax revenues.
Source: bioheatonline.com, National Biodiesel Board Future Projections
- The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve has a capacity of 727-million barrels, and is the largest stockpile of government-owned emergency crude oil in the world.
- The Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve is a one-million barrel supply of ultra-low sulfur heating oil for homes and businesses in the Northeast.