Home Homeowners and Renters ABUNDANT
- There's an abundant - and safe - supply of Oilheat to keep all of America warm and comfortable for many years to come. In the United States today, 6.4 million households use Oilheat. Based on an average of 2.6 or more persons per household, it is estimated that over 16.5 million consumers in our nation benefit from heating oil each year. (US Census Bureau, 2013 ACS One Year Survey)
- There are over 50 oil-producing countries, and the U.S. is not dependent on any one country or region for its supply.
|Crude Oil Imports Top 10 Countries, 2015
(According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration)
- Crude oil is produced in 31 states. The top 10 producing states, according to the Department of Energy/Energy Information Administration, are:
See map: http://www.eia.gov/state/rankings/?sid=US#/series/46
- In 2015, U.S. crude oil production averaged over 9.4 million barrels per day (bbl/d), the highest annual average crude oil production since 1972.
- The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve has a capacity of 727-million barrels, and is the largest stockpile of government-owned emergency crude oil in the world.
- The Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve is a one-million barrel supply of ultra-low sulfur heating oil for homes and businesses in the Northeast.