Reach for the ENERGY STAR® ... bright advice about energy saving.
ENERGY STAR® is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Results are already adding up. Americans, with the help of ENERGY STAR, saved enough energy in 2005 alone to avoid greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from 23 million cars - all while saving $12 billion on their energy bills.
For the Home ...
Energy efficient choices can save families about a third on their energy bill with similar savings of greenhouse gas emissions, without sacrificing features, style or comfort.
- ENERGY STAR helps you make the energy efficient choice.
- If looking for new household products, look for ones that have earned the ENERGY STAR. They meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and US Department of Energy.
- If looking for a new home, look for one that has earned the ENERGY STAR.
- If looking to make larger improvements to your home, EPA offers tools and resources to help you plan and undertake projects to reduce your energy bills and improve home comfort.
For Businesses ...
- Because a strategic approach to energy management can produce twice the savings for the bottom line and the environment as typical approaches, EPA's ENERGY STAR partnership offers a proven energy management strategy that helps in measuring current energy performance, setting goals, tracking savings, and rewarding improvements.
- EPA provides an innovative energy performance rating system which businesses have already used for more than 26,000 buildings across the country. EPA also recognizes top performing buildings with the ENERGY STAR.
ENERGY STAR Benefits
- Did you know that if just 1-in-10 households purchased ENERGY STAR equipment, over 17 billion pounds of pollution would be removed from the air?
- ENERGY STAR products can help you save hundreds of dollars per year.
- Upgrading to an ENERGY STAR rated oil-fired furnace or boiler, you can reduce heating bills by almost 30%!
When you see the ENERGY STAR label on a product, you know that it meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Energy (DOE).
When you choose heating equipment that carries the ENERGY STAR, you're creating a better environment both inside and outside your home. You'll be saving energy and money today - and helping to save the planet for future generations.