Today's Oilheat is a great value!
Heating oil is dependable, abundant, and is economically beneficial. Oilheat, therefore, remains an affordable and value-packed choice.
- Oilheat is economical. If you adjust for inflation, the price of heating oil is actually less than it was in 1980! Plus, competition among local Oilheat companies helps to ensure a better value.
- Oilheat is efficient. Thanks to major advancements being made in Oilheat burner technology, some Oilheat systems now boast efficiency ratings of over 95%! Modern Oilheat equipment actually burns less fuel. The average annual fuel consumption in 1973 was 1,294 gallons; and now it is only 833 gallons - that's 35% less fuel.
- Oilheat is dependable. There will always be a plentiful supply, even during the coldest winter months. In fact, the United States has a Strategic Petroleum Reserve with a capacity of 720 million barrels -- the world's largest emergency oil stockpile -- in addition to a two-million-barrel heating oil reserve. There are over 50 oil producing countries, and the U.S. is not dependent on any one country or region for its supply.
- Oilheat's price is right. Compared to the Consumer Price Index, which represents the average prices consumers pay on a wide range of products, Oilheat has increased about half as much. In comparison, medical care has increased in cost by nearly 400%.
* Source: U.S. Department of Labor - Bureau of Labor Statistics** Source: Historical CPI, inflationdata.com
The value of Oilheat increases even more when you replace your old equipment with a new, high-efficiency heating system. The Consumer Energy Council of America Research Foundation (CECA/RF) reports that using fuel wisely and investing in ultra-efficient equipment is the best way to save money. Oilheat is a great choice for your home, your family, and your wallet!