Oilheat has just gotten smarter - it's eating its vegetables!
Bioheat - heating oil blended with biodegradable, organic materials such as soybean oil - is one of the "hottest" things happening in home comfort. Renewable and non-toxic, Bioheat is not only kind to Mother Earth; it's kind to heating systems, too.
- Domestically produced, soy-based Bioheat can literally be grown at home - helping to support our nation's farmers and reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
- It is extremely clean burning.
- It has the highest Btu content of any alternative fuel.
Bioheat Benefits for Homeowners:
- Bioheat produces the same satisfying heat as "regular oil."
- It costs just about the same as "regular oil."
- It lubricates heating system.
- You don't have to make any modifications to your burner or tank.
- You don't have to buy any new equipment.
- You don't have to change your budget plan, payment plan, service contract or warranties.
Wondering what makes up Bioheat? These every-day products of nature can be used to produce the alternative environment-friendly fuel:
• Brazil Nut
• Castor Bean
• Macadamia Nut
• Oil Palm
• Olive Tree
|• Pumpkin Seed|
• Rubber Seed
• Tung Oil Tree
Testing conducted by the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA) found that a Bioheat blend of 80% low-sulfur heating oil and 20% biodiesel (B20) reduced sulfur oxide emissions by as much as 80% or more. Nitrogen oxide emissions were lowered by about 20%. In addition, carbon dioxide emissions can be lowered by 20%.
If everyone using heating oil used a B5 blend (5% biodiesel/95% heating oil), 400 million gallons of regular heating oil could be conserved. This would be a big step towards conserving oil, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.